Background about the Office:
- Candidates for this office are elected in odd year General Elections.
- There are five Members of the Butler County Educational Services Board.
- This office will have 3 full-term seats on the ballot in 2017, and 1 unexpired term seat on the ballot in 2017.
- This office will have 2 open seats on the ballot in 2019, including the unexpired term seat that also appears on the ballot in 2017.
- Each term is 4 years. (R.C. 3313.09)
- Each term begins on January 1st following the election. (R.C. 3313.09)
- The salary for this office is $125.00 per meeting as reported by Butler County Educational Services Center (2014).
Current Elected Officials:
- Elaine Garver (seat expires in 2017)
- Utawna F. Leap (seat expires in 2017)
- Mary M. Pritchard (seat expires in 2017)
- Graham Pritchard (unexpired term will appear on ballot in 2017; term seat expires in 2019)
- Andrew Schechter (seat expires in 2019)
What are the requirements to run for Butler County Educational Services Board?
Candidates for this position must:
- Live within the one of the local school districts in Butler County:
- Lakota Local Schools
- Madison Local Schools
- Monroe Local Schools
- New Miami Local Schools
- Ross Local Schools
- Be a registered elector of one of the local school districts in Butler County.
- Be at least 18 years of age. (OH Const. Art. V, §1, Art. XV §4)
How do I run for Butler County Educational Services Board?
- Complete petition form 3-W. (Note: Petition forms should be printed on legal sized, 8 1/2" x 14" paper)
- Use the Candidate Petition Guide for nonpartisan petitions.
- Required signatures. (R.C. 3513.255)
- Collect between 50 and 150 signatures
- Be sure to use the Filing Checklist before filing your petition.
What are the Campaign Finance Requirements?
All candidates running for office who spend any money, including their own personal funds must file a Designation of Treasurer (Form 30-D) and complete subsequent reports. Candidates for this office should file with the Butler County Board of Elections.
Call Candidate and Ballot Services at 513-887-3700, ext. 3 with any questions or for more information.