Madison Township Fiscal Officer
Background about the Office:
- Candidates for this office are elected in odd year General Elections.
- There is one Fiscal Officer of Madison Township.
- This office will be on the ballot in 2019.
- Each term is 4 years. (R.C. 505.01)
- Each term begins on April 1st following the election. (R.C. 505.01)
- The salary for this office is $19,806.00 per year as reported by Madison Township (2014).
Current Elected Official:
- Amy Schenck (seat expires in 2019)
What are the requirements to run for Madison Twp Fiscal Officer?
Candidates for this position must:
- Live within Madison Township.
- Be a registered elector of Madison Township.
- Be at least 18 years of age. (OH Const. Art. V, §1, Art. XV §4)
How do I run for a Madison Twp Fiscal Officer?
- Complete petition form 3-R.
- Use the Candidate Petition Guide for nonpartisan petitions.
- Required signatures. (R.C. 3513.253)
- Collect between 25 and 75 signatures
- File petitions with the Butler County Board of Elections no later than 90 days before the date of the General election. (R.C. 3513.253)
- Be sure to use the Filing Checklist before filing your petition.
- Pay filing fee by check or with exact change of $30.00. (R.C. 3513.10, 3513.261)
What are the Campaign Finance Requirements?
All candidates running for office who spend any money, including their own personal funds, must file a Designation of Treasurer (Form 30-D) and complete subsequent reports. Candidates for this office should file with the Butler County Board of Elections.
Call Candidate and Ballot Services at 513-887-3700, ext. 3 with any questions or for more information.