Background about the Office:
- Candidates for this office are elected in odd year General Elections.
- There are five Members of the Middletown City School District Board of Education.
- This office will have 2 open seats on the ballot in 2017.
- This office will have 3 open seats on the ballot in 2019.
- Each term is 4 years. (R.C. 3313.09)
- Each term begins on January 1st following the election. (R.C. 3313.09)
- The salary for this office is $125.00 per meeting as reported by Middletown City Schools (2017).
Current Elected Officials:
- Marcia Andrew (seat expires in 2017)
- Todd Moore (seat expires in 2017)
- Michelle Novak (seat expires in 2019)
- Anita Scheibert (seat expires in 2019)
- Chris Urso (seat expires in 2019)
What are the requirements to run for Middletown City School Board?
Candidates for this position must:
- Live within the Middletown City School District.
- Be a registered elector of the Middletown City School District.
- Be at least 18 years of age. (OH Const. Art. V, §1, Art. XV §4)
How do I run for a Middletown City School Board?
- Complete petition form 3-T. (Note: Petition forms should be printed on legal sized, 8 1/2" x 14" paper)
- Use the Candidate Petition Guide for nonpartisan petitions.
- Required signatures. (R.C. 3513.254)
- Collect between 75 and 225 signatures
- Be sure to use the Filing Checklist before filing your petition.
What are the Campaign Finance Requirements?
All candidates running for office who spend any money, including their own personal funds must file a Designation of Treasurer (Form 30-D) and complete subsequent reports. Candidates for this office should file with the Butler County Board of Elections.
Call Candidate and Ballot Services at 513-887-3700, ext. 3 with any questions or for more information.