New Miami Board of Trustees of Public Affairs
Background about the Office:
- Candidates for New Miami Board of Trustees of Public Affairs are elected in odd year General Elections.
- There are 3 Members of the New Miami Board of Trustees of Public Affairs.
- There will be 2 seats on the ballot in 2017.
- There will be 1 seat on the ballot in 2019.
- Each term is 4 years. (OH Const. Art.XVIII §7; R.C. 733.02, 733.24)
- Each term begins on January 1st following the election. (OH Const. Art.XVIII §7; R.C. 733.02, 733.24)
Current Elected Officials:
- Donald L. Fox, Sr. (seat expires in 2017)
- Gene J. Beuerlein (seat expires in 2017)
- Patricia A. Lipscomb (seat expires in 2019)
What are the requirements to run for New Miami Board of Trustees of Public Affairs?
Candidates for this position must:
- Live within New Miami.
- Be a registered elector of New Miami.
- Be at least 18 years of age. (OH Const. Art. V, §1, Art. XV §4)
How do I run for New Miami Board of Trustees of Public Affairs?
- Complete petition form 3-O. (Note: Petition forms should be printed on legal sized, 8 1/2" x 14" paper)
- Use the Candidate Petition Guide for nonpartisan petitions.
- Required signatures. (R.C. 3513.251)
- Collect between 50 and 150 signatures.
- File petitions with the Butler County Board of Elections no later than 90 days before the date of the General election. (R.C. 3513.251)
- Be sure to use the Filing Checklist before filing your petition.
- Pay filing fee by check or with exact change of $30.00. (R.C. 3513.10, 3513.251, 3513.261)
What are the Campaign Finance Requirements?
All candidates running for office who spend any money, including their own personal funds, must file a Designation of Treasurer (Form 30-D) and complete subsequent reports. Candidates for this office should file with the Butler County Board of Elections.
Call Candidate and Ballot Services at 513-887-3700, ext. 3 with any questions or for more information.