Background about the Office:
- Candidates for this office are elected in odd year General Elections.
- There are five Members of the Ross Local School District Board of Education.
- This office will have 3 open seats on the ballot in 2019.
- This office will have 2 open seats on the ballot in 2021.
- Each term is 4 years. (R.C. 3313.09)
- Each term begins on January 1st following the election. (R.C. 3313.09)
- The salary for this office is $80.00 per meeting as reported by Ross Local Schools (2014).
Click here to view current Elected Officials
What are the requirements to run for Ross Local School Board?
Candidates for this position must:
- Live within the Ross Local School District.
- Be a registered elector of the Ross Local School District.
- Be at least 18 years of age. (OH Const. Art. V, §1, Art. XV §4)
How do I run for Ross Local School Board?
- Complete petition form 3-T. (Note: Petition forms should be printed on legal sized, 8 1/2" x 14" paper)
- Use the Candidate Petition Guide for nonpartisan petitions.
- Required signatures. (R.C. 3513.254)
- Collect between 25 and 75 signatures
- Be sure to use the Filing Checklist before filing your petition.
What are the Campaign Finance Requirements?
All candidates running for office who spend any money, including their own personal funds must file a Designation of Treasurer (Form 30-D) and complete subsequent reports. Candidates for this office should file with the Butler County Board of Elections.
Call Candidate and Ballot Services at 513-887-3700, ext. 3 with any questions or for more information.